The Ulverston BID will deliver on 4 objectives. These are:
1. To improve, market & promote Ulverston as a place where people want to live, work and visit (to be ‘Attractive’);
2. To make it easier and more affordable to use and get information on shops, services and entertainment in Ulverston (to be ‘Accessible’);
3. To revitalise the town by supporting and expanding the programme of markets, festivals, events, arts & cultural activities (to be ‘Alive’);
4. To build, through the BID, an effective partnership between the town’s businesses, organisations and local authorities for the benefit of Ulverston as a place to live, work and visit (to do this Altogether).
These 4 objectives of the Ulverston BID and the planned programme for improvement are a direct response to the priorities identified by the businesses and organisations in Ulverston. They focus on the challenges and opportunities that matter most to them and reflect their overwhelming desire to see actions, not words, to transform the town.
The Ulverston BID programme will deliver a set of projects and activities under three priority headings and reflect a collective desire to see the town take action to fulfil its potential. These three headings, together with our preferred approach, use adjectives that we believe should become the defining characteristics of Ulverston. These 4 ‘A’s are:
1. Attractive: enhancing impressions of the town and promoting Ulverston.
2. Accessible: convenient & affordable information and access to Ulverston.
3. Alive: supporting markets, events & festivals to bring the town to life.
4. Altogether. Most other BIDS concentrate on town centres, but the Ulverston BID will be a whole town BID, because the whole town will contribute and the whole town will benefit. This proposal will create a partnership across the whole town, and the largest of its kind in Cumbria.
For more information select one of the images below: